We’re working on a new site build for a client that is starting a new business in Oregon. Of course we’re very happy to be putting her vision for her business into a website, but we are also super excited about her business in and of itself, because her concept is unique and will fill a need that is not currently being met. We love it when we meet people that have a great idea and then ACT on it!
Because her business is new, she is needing assistance with logo design to brand her business, as well as all of the other components of her website.
If you are in need of a new logo, or want to redesign your logo, here are some ideas to keep in mind when working on your logo:
- Keep your client in mind. Yes, your business is about you and what YOU like, but when it comes down to it, your clients pay your bills, so all design work should be done with your ideal client in mind.
- Your logo should immediately identify your company and clearly communicate the products or services you are providing
- Put pencil to paper and start sketching out ideas. Once you have a very rough idea of a direction you’d like to head, deciding on colors and fonts will help push you along. Keep your color palette simple and your font clean and simple as well
- Keeping your logo simple, memorable, timeless, versatile and appropriate will ensure that you won’t be re-designing your logo in six months
- Reproducibility- You will want to put your logo in a variety of mediums. Signs, business cards, flyers, brochures, and clothing are just the beginning of where you might put your logo. Make sure that your logo is reproducible in a variety mediums and for a reasonable price. If you design a logo with 8 colors, know that you will be spending a lot of money to put your full color logo on anything. Print your logo in a variety of sizes (including business card size), so that you know if it is easily readable before making any final decisions. Making sure that you have plenty of white space and that your detailing is not too intricate will be important to being able to clearly read your logo at any size
With these ideas in mind, your logo design should go more smoothly and you should end up with a logo that represents your company well.
Starfire has graphic designers on hand to assist with just this kind of thing. Whether you have no idea of the direction you’d like to take your logo or whether you have a very specific idea in mind, we’ll work with you to create a logo that represents your vision for your company.